Welcome to the User Guide for Flock Networks Routing Suite 20.2.
At Flock Networks we believe networks should be fast, secure and uniform.
- Performance is achieved by:
- Running in a single operating system process, with each component having its own thread. This makes the communication between components dramatically faster.
- Handling network protocol updates in batches. This means route calculation can be performed less frequently, and keeps the CPU's instruction cache hot.
- Only using data structures that are CPU data cache friendly.
- Security is achieved by the routing suite being exclusively written in the Rust programming language. Rust has a similar performance to C / C++, but is memory safe at compile time.
- Uniformity is achieved by having a similar configuration across all routers in the network. Device specific and in particular interface specific configuration is to be avoided.
If you have any questions, suggestions or issues, please email